Hello. I am Kisten Henson. I heard about blogspot from one of my friends who is a very avid reader. I would like to make reviews for as many books as I possibly can because one of my goals in life is to read one thousand books and own a personal library. I figured that this website could help me achieve my goals. Also when I grow up I would like to become a lawyer. Being a lawyer requires great writing skills as well as reading into things and discovering the hidden clues behind the big evidence. As I mature in life I would like to learn to enhance my reading abilities, learn interesting things I never knew, and experience life to the fullest. I know that reading some books had make me think about my decisions before my actions. I am positive that this will be a great experience and help me later in my career. You know a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step, and that is the quote i am basing this website off of. This is my first step towards success in my life.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Bend in the Road By: Nicholas Sparks

Miles Ryan's life seemed to end the day his wife was killed in a hit-and-run accident two years ago. His high school sweetheart, Missy had been his first love, and Miles truly believes she will be his last. The sheriff of the North Carolina town of New Bern, Miles Ryan not only grieves for Missy, but longs to bring the unknown driver to justice as well.


Then Miles meets Sarah Andrews. The second grade teacher of his only child Jonah, Sarah had left Baltimore after a difficult divorce to start over in the gentler surroundings of New Bern. Perhaps it is her own emotional wounds that makes her sensitive to the hurt she first sees in Jonah's eyes, and then his father's. Tentatively, Sarah and Miles reach out to each other. Soon, they are both laughing again for the first time in years -- and falling in love.

Neither will be able to guess how linked they are by a tie to the past that will force them to question everything they ever believed in -- a truth that can keep them apart forever.


A Bend in the Road is an exceptional book. With vibrant characters and a strong plot, this book exemplifies the life of a man struggling to get over the death of his wife. Miles Ryan, the main character is the main police officer in the town and everybody knows him. His character is more of the “gentile giant” type of person. His son Jonah is the friendly boy that everybody knows and loves to be around. The characters are somewhat based off of Nicholas Sparks’ family life which makes this a tremendously emotional story.


This book has unbelievable themes including love, life, death and family. Miles and Jonah are a small family in a small town. Their love for one another is unexplainable and forever lasting. Though the death of Jonah’s mother and Miles’ wife influences them both physically and emotionally, they stick together and stay strong. When Jonah’s new teacher Sarah tells Miles that Jonah is behind in school work, they work together to form a schedule that will work for them both to tutor him. Miles and Sarah develop a “friendship” that shapes their future relationship together. The themes in this book all tie together to form a heart wrenching story that you will never forget.

I do recommend this book to women of ages because any woman would LOVE this book. I haven’t read such a fantastic book in a long time. I believe that you should pick up this book and read it as soon as you can because it inspired me and possibly can inspire you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1.) Do you think that you would ever read this book?
2.) Does this book sound interesting?
3.) Is there anything that I can do to improve my blog?