Hello. I am Kisten Henson. I heard about blogspot from one of my friends who is a very avid reader. I would like to make reviews for as many books as I possibly can because one of my goals in life is to read one thousand books and own a personal library. I figured that this website could help me achieve my goals. Also when I grow up I would like to become a lawyer. Being a lawyer requires great writing skills as well as reading into things and discovering the hidden clues behind the big evidence. As I mature in life I would like to learn to enhance my reading abilities, learn interesting things I never knew, and experience life to the fullest. I know that reading some books had make me think about my decisions before my actions. I am positive that this will be a great experience and help me later in my career. You know a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step, and that is the quote i am basing this website off of. This is my first step towards success in my life.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Last Song By: Nicholas Sparks

 Seventeen year old Veronica "Ronnie" Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alientated from her parents, especially her father...until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie's father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church.
The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story of love on many levels--first love, love between parents and children -- that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that love can break our hearts...and heal them. 

    The Last  Song By: Nicholas Sparks is an amazing book. The characters are all different in their own way. You have Ronnie, the main character who is a seventeen year old girl who lives in New York. She is forced by her mom to go visit her father over the summer in Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. Ronnie is also rebellious and independent, meeting and changing through the process of discovering the truth about living life to the fullest. Then, there is Jonah, Ronnie's little brother. Jonah is completely different than Ronnie. He is thrilled to go see his father and spend time in North Carolina. Then there is Will, Ronnie's love interest. Will works at the local aquarium and is a volleyball player. Ronnie soon develops feelings towards Will making it one of Nicholas Sparks' great love stories. There are a few characters that Ronnie interacts with along the way. Those include Blaze, a young women who has so much potential but hangs around with the wrong group of people. Steve, Ronnie's father who was a teacher at Julliard for several years but quit and moved to North Carolina. He is currently working on a project for the local church and Jonah starts to help. Marcus is the boy that gets everybody into trouble. He grows up with the wrong group of people and uses them for partying and having fun. Marcus is extremely self centered and doesn't really care what other people want but focuses on what he wants.
   The setting is on a beach in North Carolina. Having a beach in the setting helps reflect the emotion and enhances the feelings of the characters towards each other. Steve lives on the beach which  is the location where Ronnie and Will meet.
   I personally adore this book. With romance and life experiences it makes this book a package. I do recommend this to women young (teenagers) and women old. All ages will love this book. It really showed me that hanging out with the wrong crowd can bring you down, and to always look up and be happy for the times that you can spend with someone (not just a lover but anyone including family, friends, neighbors, homeless, the less fortunate) because you never know they just might change or leave the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1.) Do you think that you would ever read this book?
2.) Does this book sound interesting?
3.) Is there anything that I can do to improve my blog?